1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup finely sliced onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 cups low chicken broth
1 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Stew tomatoes and puree. Keep aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan. Cook onions till browned.
3. Add pumpkin and tomato purees and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Run through a blender till creamy.
6. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream.
7. Optional – Garnish with thyme and serve.
8. Optional – In a separate pan, fry onions slices in butter until golden brown. Garnish soup with fried onions and serve.