500g prawns, deveined, uncooked
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon fennel powder
½ teaspoon ground pepper
½ teaspoon black cumin
½ teaspoon garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 big red onion diced
1 small tomato diced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Salt to taste
- Add oil to a frying skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and fry till the onions turn partly golden.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chilli, fennel, pepper, cumin, and turmeric, and fry for 7 minutes.
- Add the prawns or shrimp and cook till well done, and dry.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the cooked prawns.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice or pita.